Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Moss2007 - Checking In/Out a File in a SharePoint library

Today I had a user who said she was unable to find the check-out option and was worried that if she worked on the document without checking-out, someone else might be able to edit at the same time and her changes would be lost.  When I visited the user, I noticed she was at the wrong location where the check-out option was not available.  She needed to be at the library/folder level.  I demo on how to correctly check-out and check-in a document.  She laughed.  She hoped that she didn't have to learn SharePoint to get her work done.  I laughed, too and said, "This is not LiveLink, this is much easier and you can learn this." She agreed with me.

Click here for those who need help/info with checking in a file or out of a SharePoint library.

No comments:

Post a Comment